ellemoe

Courtney B. Jones
The Waking Dreamer
J.E. Alexander

Chasing Perfection

Chasing Perfection - Leah Alvord I've got nothing good to say about this one. I can't even put my thoughts together to tell you how much I disliked reading this book. I finished it just so I could rate it accurately. I didn't need to though.

The blurb on the back of the book is sooooo misleading. This book is so farfetched and wrong. Nothing makes sense; the plot is nonexistent; the characters are unrealistic. The writing is subpar, not to mention the numerous errors and WTF moments that make no sense. The dialogue is lacking. The idea that people can be kidnapped and placed in a facility which houses perfect people who will jumpstart the population after a nuclear war decimates the world, is preposterous. I don't understand how it's supposed to work if the teens (they're all teens) get kidnapped at 18 and locked away with a mate so they can procreate and then are sent off to live on the outside and raise their kids. I just didn't get that notion. Then, I wanted to scream when I realized these teens are paired (guy and girl), locked in a room with one bed, and forced to shower with one another upon first meeting. There's so many things wrong with this. So many. Of course, one of the couples isn't all happy go lucky and the poor girl is emotionally abused and there's nothing to be done for it. Again, I don't get it.

I have to come back to this because I'm at a loss for words.