ellemoe

The Corollaria
Courtney B. Jones
The Waking Dreamer
J.E. Alexander
Matched - Ally Condie I liked this. Probably more than I thought I would. I've hesitated for quite a while now to read this and I'm glad I finally got around to it. There are some issues I have with it, as I do most YA novels, but for what it is, it's good. I think what wins me over the most is Ky's character. He's more interesting to me than Cassia. I have issue with her because she needed to make a decision for her life early on which would impact the lives of two other people in her life, and she waits too long. I think I liked her grandpa more than I did her, too. It's sad he isn't in the book but for a few pages. I would have liked to seen his reaction to the choices Cassia makes.

I also would have liked a bit more world building. I can see where this story is and all that, but I don't get how people just go along with the flow without questioning the way things are. Their lives are too controlled. That bit I didn't find realistic. I also felt like Xander was two characters rolled into one. I connected more with his character in the beginning of the story than I did halfway through. I don't know, he just didn't seem like the same person.

Even with my few eyerolls while reading, I did enjoy this quite a bit. I'm looking forward to the sequel.