ellemoe

The Corollaria
Courtney B. Jones
The Waking Dreamer
J.E. Alexander
If I Were You (Inside Out Trilogy, #1) - Lisa Renee Jones Not a bad read considering all the typos and grammar mistakes. Almost reads like fanfiction but I think just about every book like this reads that way. Could just be me. The ending is just plain evil. I don't like cliffhangers. And... yet another author who identifies all non-Caucasian characters by their ethnicity. WHY?! We don't need to know that as it adds nothing to the story. Also, most of what happens in this story is so far from realistic. I get what fiction is, but I'd still like to believe the events that happen in a book.

I didn't relate to the protagonist as I don't believe she knows who she is either. She wants this big change to happen in her life but only goes after it while trying to do a good deed. A deed which gets put on the backburner quite a bit, I might add. There are a few inconsistencies that don't make sense. Sara is a teacher, has summer tutoring sessions, yet as soon as she gets a new summer job, the tutoring sessions become non-existent. She has a close friend who acts as a catalyst. There's really no need for the character and I think those pages filled with Sara and Ella conversing could have been put to better use.

For what it was, the book isn't terrible. I just think this kind of fiction needs to have more substance. I'm sure I'm the only person who thinks this way, but I like to read a story and actually take something away from it.

This book was provided by NetGalley for an honest review.