ellemoe

The Corollaria
Courtney B. Jones
The Waking Dreamer
J.E. Alexander
Anything He Wants - Sara Fawkes Considering I skimmed most of what I read and the fact that what I read was poorly written (this needs to be edited, thoroughly), I can't give this book any high remarks. It wasn't good in any aspect. There was no plot; the characters were flat, uninteresting and unrealistic. I'm not sure what this book was supposed to be, but it didn't fulfill any of the requirements for enjoyable fiction. The fantasy aspect of any romance novel should be somewhat realistic; it would be far-fetched to expect any reader to accept a romance as anything but fictional if they can't see it happening in the real world. I think that's part of the enjoyment to novels where girl meets boy, they fall for one another and get their HEA. While this book doesn't promise a HEA, it doesn't leave you hoping for one either. The MC is clueless, naive and opens herself to a relationship akin to prostitution. I'm not sure how she didn't see it as such and accepted her role in the relationship with love interest, Jeremiah. I find it convenient that things progress in this novel with little to no thought behind them. It reads as if the author thought throwing in a few twists and turns that come out of left field would make the story more exciting. It doesn't. If anything, it makes the reader wonder what in the world is going on, and why would anyone believe this? I can't recommend this to anyone to read as it borders on ridiculous and is eye-roll inducing.

I was provided an ARC by NetGalley and the publisher St. Martin's Press for an honest review.