ellemoe

The Corollaria
Courtney B. Jones
The Waking Dreamer
J.E. Alexander
The Perks of Being a Wallflower - Stephen Chbosky I really enjoyed reading this even though I thought Charlie was a bit of a crackpot. But, once I realized why, I felt for him. I liked how Chbosky lets readers into the psyche of the main character. It isn't usually done well enough where you feel you know a character, but I felt like I knew Charlie and could relate to some of his weirdness. I'm a bit socially awkward (not nearly as bad as Charlie) but I get it. Being a freshman in high school is hard, especially when you don't have any friends and don't know how to make them. When you realize how much he relied on one person and that person doing something horrible to him, you can understand why he was so odd to other people. The poor kid didn't realize his place in the world and did just let everyone's feelings go before his because I think he didn't know how else to be.

It's quite the interesting study of a confused and lonely teen. Kind of deep when you think over what you've read. I don't think this book is for everyone though. If you don't like to think and delve deep into a book you're reading, this isn't the book for you. I psychoanalyze everything and everyone, so this was right up my alley. And I don't think I'll ever forget this one.