ellemoe

The Corollaria
Courtney B. Jones
The Waking Dreamer
J.E. Alexander
The Booby Trap - Anne B. Walker This was a little better than OK. I was going to quit reading early on but decided to push through and give it a try. I think this could have been a better novel if the focus was more on what Bambi was trying to accomplish with her research. I feel like her being the super smart intelligent and strong woman she was, she didn't really show that side of her much. I don't get why she'd want to downplay her intelligence to play into a stereotype. Being a feminist, you'd think she'd be appalled to even consider such a thing. I didn't feel the characters were completely flushed out or like I knew them, but I wanted to get to know them. I enjoyed reading the story once it got going, but still felt like something was missing. I almost feel short changed in that we kind of got to know a little something about most of the characters, and the side characters who were introduced were only a means to an end. Bambi's mother is mentioned and what happened to Bambi as a kid gets glazed over, then we meet the mother for 2.4 seconds and that's the end of that. I don't know. I can't say I'd read this again or recommend it to anyone. It doesn't feel like a complete novel and the missing piece has left me scratching my head.

I was provided an ARC by NetGalley and the publisher for my honest review.